Wine Design offers a wide selection of wines which you can use for corporate wines, personalised gifts, wedding wines, sporting clubs or events and fundraising. Choosing the right kind of wine for the people you are going to give it to should not be difficult. Below, you will find some information about the different wines available to help you pick the right one that will suit the occasion.
Different wine ranges from Wine Design Australia
Sparkling Wine Range
Sparkling wine is a fizzy drink option infused with carbon dioxide. The most well-known sparkling wine is Champagne (which must come from the Champagne region to be carry the name), Champagne-style wines made elsewhere, as well as other varieties, which are usually white or rosé. This wine are ideal for celebrations of all kinds.
Select Wine Range
These are the finest and classic varieties of wine. There are the classic white wines, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, etc., which go well with fish and chicken dishes, and the classic reds, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, etc., which are perfect for red meat dishes.
Varietal Wine Range
With these different varieties, it would be easier to know more about the wine with its names. Sauvignon Blanc is a young wine with a grassy or tropical taste. Reisling is of German origin which is dry and acidic with a sweet taste. Pinot Grigio has a distinct full-bodied Alsatian style with low acidity and high alcohol content. Verdelho is of Portuguese origin with four main types of Madeira wine. Traminer is also one of the white wine varieties made from green-skinned grapes. Merlot is made from dark blue-coloured grapes and is one of the most popular red wine varieties. Shiraz is also a full-bodied red wine variety.
Organic Wine Range
In this wine range are premium Australian wines from Tamburlaine, locally harvested from the Hunter Valley region.
Dessert and Fortified Wine Range
Wines are generally classified into two: the white and the red. Here is a narrowed down list of all the common wines and the basics which you should know about. It is arranged from light to heavy.
If you are into the white wine grape variety, the common types are:
- Reisling, which is light, dry, and aromatic (think fresh apples)the taste of which improves with age. It is perfect for dry dishes from fish and chicken to pork.
- Gewürztraminer (or Traminer)is quite aromatic with scents of rose petals, lychee, peach and allspice. It has a fruity flavour that goes well with Asian food, pork, and grilled meat.
- Sauvignon Blanc is alight wine with herbal character, making it ideal for seafood, poultry, and salads. Sometimes it is blended with Semillon.
- Chardonnay is one of the most popular white wines. The taste is velvetier and wider bodied than other varieties. It has a rich citrus flavour and may be buttery in taste, too.
Common types of red wines
- Pinot Noir is a premium red wine made with difficult to grow grapes. It is delicate and fresh, and is rarely blended. The quality is soft and it has a fruity aroma like that of cherry, strawberry, and plum. This is ideally paired with grilled salmon, lamb, chicken, and Japanese dishes.
- Merlot is a soft red wine which goes well with anything. It can have a black-cherry and herbal flavour.
- Syrah or Shiraz is the classic red wine for pairing with meat, with the aroma and taste of a wild black-fruit giving it the “spicy” intense flavour.
- Cabernet Sauvignon is one of the best varieties to be paired with simple red meat. It is full-bodied and firm in taste.
Choosing the right kind of wine may seem complicated, but when it is given as a gift, it will surely present its class no matter what the kind is. Put your customised label on your wine of choice now and give the perfect and impressive giveaway for the occasion.